Friday 15 June 2018

Theres a seed (snake) in my boot

….Toystory...great film...

0900 - 1100 warm, sunny, some cloud....

...now the grass is long...all those seeds in my boots at the end of the walk....a great time of year....

A good start to the day....the school run provided 2 Mistle Thrushes in the school grounds....

….off to Whetsted….mostly to check on the Lapwing situation....as usual I could only find 3 adults...I wonder why the 4th keeps disappearing....sitting?....perhaps...anyway....the good news is that from a distance I managed to see junior.  The bad news, possibly, is that the slightly flooded bit in the field is reducing drastically with this nice weather....!

The orchids are looking pretty good at the moment.....Bee....Common Spotted, which ive come across more this year than previously...is it  good year for them?  And this morning, I believe, I came across this Pyramidal Orchid....first one ive seen at Whetsted…

Pyramidal Orchid

 Other birds of note.....plenty of Stock Doves today, in fact they outnumbered the Woodpigeons...Turtle Dove still purring, today a pair was at the west end of Middle Pit then flew east, more purring hear near Island Pit....

And...Lesser Whitethroat, 3....Blackcap....1....

Seems like the Summer is pushing on and the birds have mostly settled down to quiet contemplation....and feeding like mad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment