Tuesday 10 July 2018

Ring On....

Since my last post  I did a quick bit of ringing...

Wren, adult

Great Tit, juvenile

….and run the trap a couple of times with some nice moths turning up....

Mottled Beauty's....come in several different forms like some birds.....I usually catch the standard form, a bit like we mostly see the standard Buzzard form....but this appeared...

Alcis repandata repandata 'conversria'

...and I tried to make this next one in to 'muraria' form....but I think its more likely a worn standard form...

Mottled Beauty

Elephant Hawkmoths have been turning up regularly the pat few sessions....every now and then though its relation pops along...

Small Elephant Hawkmoth

Talking of Elephant Hawkmoths.....heres a couple that are at opposite ends of the final cycle if their life...

very worn

fresh

I thought I would finish with a micro....one of the small ones, though not all micros are small and some are bigger than macros....eh?....anyway....I don't highlight them often enough probably....

Agapeta zoegana




No comments:

Post a Comment