Tuesday 20 March 2018

Blue skies....

...smiling at me...
Nothing but blue skies....do I see...
                                Blue Skies, I Berlin

And the day was Blue...

1000 - 1330 overcast, brightening, some blue skies, cold NE f2-5

Off to Dungeness.....for the Bluethroat....here are a few rubbish pictures....




Bluethroat

Yesterdays revelation of 2 present at Dengemarsh Gulley....then, supposedly.....4.....though it turned out that 4 was just birders being confused....

Anyway, only one present that I could find and no one else seemed to know the whereabouts of the other one...however....this is the smart adult male bird that everyone was admiring yesterday...and I certainly had plenty of viewers today as well....and actually....for an almost 'twitch' it was a pleasant atmosphere.

Near by someone caught up with a Firecrest.  20 minutes later I found another Firecrest....they are looking fabulous at the moment....very colourful and vivid...

An hour or so there and return to the car....whilst I was driving back along the concrete driveway several small birds scattered in front of me...immediately a Peregrine Falcon appeared to my right from above having stooped, still closed winged it seemed to wait an eternity before opening them and swooping along the road and back over the hedge....amazing....and so close to the car....

off to the lighthouse to check the garden and surrounds.  Nothing to report really.  I found a Meadow Pipit round the Obs building but nothing else.

Down at the power station outlet a Little Gull was in amongst many other gulls....out on the water were Guillemots and Razorbills.  A Gannet passed close by.

Meanwhile.....back at the pits....DH was taking a look round....

Sparrowhawk....first for the year on site....3 Goldeneye, Cettis Warbler, Chiffchaff, 2 Sand Martins (had moved to Island Pit)...

No comments:

Post a Comment