Tuesday 25 April 2017

....the Tog and the Dog...and the dog

0900 - 1130 bright to start, cloud moving in, cold but warming NW f1-3

...the Tog had a dog and a very long lens,
         maybe she arrived in a Mercedes Benz....

STOP!...this is all getting a bit Julia Donaldson...though a nice Axel Scheffler picture wouldn't go amiss....

....'theres not much about' she said, the Tog that is....'oh, isn't there?' I said...I think I was a bit stunned....nightingale...ok, hard to see a lot of the time...willow warblers.. ..blackcaps.. ..yellowhammers... ..whitethroat....
....'I'm after the elusive heron' she said....'well there were eleven here the other week' I said...possibly not the best thing to say on reflection, this may have made her feel dejected....but I had grabbed at a theme, pizz (not gis) the other person off, a birding technique....'yes' I continued, 'saw one earlier too'...
hmmm....had better try to rescue this...'I suppose it depends what youre looking for, theres some nice birds around (enter list of birds)'.....'oh right' she said, clearly not interested or, possibly, any idea what I was on about....time to move on....

Round the corner....some eastern European type was letting his dog swim in the pit....yep...

Lets do some birds....much more interesting....

Top of the list....3 GardenWarblers.....nice....im guessing I missed their arrival in the past couple of days, but there it is, I missed the arrival...so today will have to do...what else...

Chiffchaff 17
Blackcap 16
Whitethroat 21
Lesser Whitethroat 5
Willow Warbler 10
Nightingale 2
Cettis Warbler 1

Not a complete walk round....and I think, along with Reed and Sedge Warblers, its about as warblery as its going to get....

Kestrel, Mandarin Duck, Cuckoo, Buzzard....10+ Swallow, 20+ House Martin, 10+ Sand Martin...


No comments:

Post a Comment