Wednesday 15 August 2018

In Oare...or not...though eventually

Well I went to Oare...or tried to go to Oare…..yes I got there....finally....but what a journey...

Coming off the M2 I found the Faversham road I needed was closed and a diversion in place which headed....South!??....for miles.....so I dumped it after a while and went West to link up with the Doddington road heading back North to the reserve.....so that added half an hour to my journey....quite why they couldn't get people off the M2 earlier to use the A2.....

A frustrating start.....which ruined the whole thing really.....stressed at wasted time and knowing that there wouldn't really be that much at the reserve and knowing this was one of the few opportunities I would get to make it out for some birding.....thanks for the diversion and wasted time....

So only spent a couple of hours at Oare...and instead of arriving when it got light it was well past that and very light by the time I arrived....

A few birds were around....

Ruff, Whimbrel, Curlew, Godwits, Snipe, Golden Plover, Reed Warbler, Meadow Pipit, Little Egret, Dunlin, Redshank, Bearded Tit,, Peregrine Falcon, Buzzard, Wagtails and a few other bits.....

Heres a few pics....even writing this post is annoying after the diversion experience...so....time to move on...





No comments:

Post a Comment