Saturday 14 October 2017

They come in 3's

No....not buses....

For years, it seems, and its probably true, I've been chasing Ospreys around England....well...Sussex and Kent anyway....always ending up a day late to the particular reservoir of their choice.  I well remember listening to an older lady at Arlington telling me how, every day for the past three days, she had witnessed that particular bird feeding and flying around....marvellous....!

So after years of chasing them around....and the last I saw was one in Canada many moons back....I found one in Morocco at the pungent Oued Sous near Agadir....I was then lucky enough to see the recent visitor to Sevenoaks Wildlife Reserve....and possibly even luckier to see the one at Furnace Pond, Horsmonden.

So....none for many years...and, as per the bus rule.....3 come along at once....or nearly at once...


4 comments:

  1. Hi,nice blog. I grew up birding around Whetsted gravel pits and now live near the Postern Pits. Nice to see someone else's accounts from a great area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris...could never figure out how to get in to postern, but now know it's private...was hoping to ring there as I'm sure it's good...whetsted has been great...as you are near you could pop over and we could hav a wander. I know several people used to watch the pits.

      Delete
  2. Hi,nice blog. I grew up birding around Whetsted gravel pits and now live near the Postern Pits. Nice to see someone else's accounts from a great area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it is private unfortunately but there is still a lot to be seen from nearby footpaths, including up to four species of owl. Unfortunately the pits themselves cannot be viewed from the footpaths. I am away surveying a lot at the moment but it would be great to have a wander with you later in the winter :)

    ReplyDelete