Tuesday 10 January 2017

Man.....I feel like a.....

...TWITCHER.....!!

Road trip....but at least it was in Kent...and not really that far....im hoping this doesn't qualify me as a...eeeek!....twitcher....im trying to look at it that at least one of these species will not occur near me, so travelling it the only thing to do.........honest!

I arrived at Milton Creek at around 10am....Long Tail Duck time....I haven't seen one of these for a few years....so as they have now been there for a few weeks I felt that all twitching efforts would be over and I would be alone....I met one other person on the footpath and a couple of others were the other side of the Creek...but most of the time I was indeed.....alone....

I then popped along the M2 to Strood for the Waxwing...yes, two years running....even if it was just a few weeks apart...but I thought that if I am to actually make an effort with my list this year, well...I had actually better make an effort....(though I'm still apprehensive about this)..to get some birds on the list that probably wont be around for too long and possibly not next winter....


When I was there there were a few other guys around, but they all had cameras and no bins or scopes to be seen....another scourge of modern birding and modern life....living life through the lens and not experiencing it...


I stopped on the way home at Halling and found a Kingfisher and Water Rail....

I wonder when a birder becomes a twitcher.....is it distance travelled?....or how soon you leave home after hearing about a bird?....or if you have paid to be advised a bird is around?....hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment