Sunday 15 January 2017

I can show you....

...that when it starts to rain...
...everythings the same..
         Rain - The Beatles (J Lennon)

With all hopes dashed of a trip to Dungeness and along the coast to Rye thanks to the rain.....I noticed three species on the Kent Birding Facebook page over at Haysden Lake.....the washing was in the washing machine, my wife and son had gone to the cinema.....so a quick visit was due...

First mistake....I forgot coins to put in the pay-and-display....so I had to find somewhere to park on the side of the road which isn't easy round there....the other mistake was not taking shopping bags as I had planned to get the shopping done....(I know....I lead an exciting life at times...!!)..

So...having parked the car at 1000....overcast....rainy....bah!....not even cold....kind of luke warm...

I meandered along a few footpaths managing, for the most part, to avoid all the dog walkers and joggers....I arrived at the lake, pulled out the binoculars from under my waterproof....2 Little Egrets....6 Egyptian Geese....I walked another 250m.....11 Common Merganser or Goosanders if you prefer....

Back at the car at 1059....

So....at least three new species on the list...better than a kick up the rain!

1 comment: