Saturday 3 September 2016

Back to Spain

A few wildlife pictures.....starting with  quick recall of that Blue Rock Thrush....

Blue Rock Thrush

I believe this is a Red-rumped Swallow nest....I found it in this tunnel which is actually...


A tunnel for the river to pass under the road above...


Bit of a mixed bag from here....some moths, which mostly seemed to be micros, I left the outside light on a few times and attracted a few....





And a couple of lacewings of some sort....




This little chap was in the shower one morning, only a couple of inches long....how cute....


Found this on a walk....we were walking...he...or she....wasn't...







Something I had read about.....European Mantis...we saw two in total, both times when we were sitting out and had the light on, they would fly in and land....one morning one of them was still there...how fabulous!!




Not really sure whats going on here....I found these....wasps?....when I walked out from the house looking for birds....they were in the middle of this bush....and were non too pleased when I pushed the camera in to get a pic...so this is the best I could do...


Butterflies...yes....it was always hot....so they were rarely still for longer than a second or two...and if they were still...they had their wings closed....



One night I left the outside light on....in the morning there were no moths....ooops...im guessing this guy, or his/her friend (we had at least two living in/on the house) was responsible...



Banded Damoiselle...I reckon...


Juvenile Grey Wagtail...


This amazing dragonfly was by a HEP dam.....the only other one I saw was by my brothers pool at his place....


No comments:

Post a Comment